Dr Omar Abu-Bakr
Dr Omar is a Consultant Venous Surgeon and Phlebologist, with a special interest in walk-in, walk-out surgery for varicose veins, with experience of over 13 years. Please visit Dr Omar’s personal webpage www.TheVeinsDoctor.com.
He has maintained a keen interest in the treatment of venous diseases throughout his career and has enthusiastically adopted The Whiteley Protocol for the treatment of varicose veins.
In summary about Dr Omar:
- First surgeon who ever described the technique to treat huge varicose veins (veins with a diameter of 2.5 cm and more at the Sapheno-Femural Junction) using the Endovenous Radial Laser 1470 nm and without the need of open surgery (later called the Multi-Pass technique). The technique was described in the Second International Meeting of The College Of Phlebology in London in March 2018, and for that presentation, Dr Omar won the second prize for the best scientific paper.
- First surgeon in UK and second worldwide who treats varicose veins using the new High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound SONOVEIN S, which is the newest method anywhere in the world for varicose veins treatment without the need of anaesthesia
- The second surgeon in the UK to treat varicose veins using the Endovenous Microwave Ablation (EMWA)
- Specialist in General Ultrasonography.
- Fellow of The College of Phlebology from the UK (FCPhleb).
- Member of The International Union of Phlebology (IUP).
- Member of The European Venous Forum (EVF).
- Fellow of The American College of Phlebology (FACPh).
- Fluent in 3 languages: English, Arabic, and Romanian.
- Alongside with The Whiteley Clinic Team, was awarded with “Best Varicose Veins Treatment – UK 2020″ by Global Health & Pharma Magazine.
- For more information please click on the following links:
|Name:||Dr Omar Abu-Bakr|
|Qualifications:||Consultant Venous Surgeon and consultant Phlebologist|
|Specialities:||Vascular Surgery, Varicose Veins, Thread Veins, Perforating Veins|
|Clinical Research Interests:||Varicose veins disease, Endovenous treatment of severe and huge varicose veins, Venous ulcers treatment|
|Year Qualified:||10 years’ experience in Phlebology (varicose veins treatment)|
|Membership of National Professional Societies:||Fellow of The College of Phlebology - UK, Member of The International Union of Phlebology, Member of The European Venous Forum, Fellow of The American College of Phlebology|
|Medico Legal Reports:|
|Appointments:||0330 058 1850|
|Private Secretary:||Patient Services Team at The Whiteley Clinic|
|Contact Number:||0330 058 1850|